... before R figured out how to get out of her crib. This morning, I awoke to a little face trying to give me a kiss and climb up on the bed to play. A was already downstairs, I soon realized. I kept asking her, "Where's Daddy?" She would point in the direction of our stairs. I thought he was getting her some milk, as he usually does when she wakes up and yells for us. However, I realized that Daddy was in the basement (we live in a tri-level house), and he didn't know she was out of her bed. We walked back down the hall, and I put her in the crib while I went to the restroom.
When I got back, I asked her to show me how she got out of her crib and called for A to come watch. She moved her pillow to the end of her bed, stood on it, put her right leg over the bar, balanced as if on a horse, and then dropped to the floor.
This child will be scaling the fridge in no time at this rate.
So, I'm terrified! Do we convert the crib to the toddler bed? I'm SOOO not ready for that! I am going to remove the pillow from her bed, which will make her so mad because she loves it. I'll also limit her stuffed animals and all that.
(Yes, I allow my child to have a pillow and stuffed animals in her bed. This may not be the best choice, some might think, but she loves them. We've never had a problem and waited until she was walking and moving around entirely on her own before we allowed her to be in her crib with her.)
Any suggestions? What do you all think?
AUUGGH!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment