We had our second post placement home visit with our social worker last Thursday. It is due to our agency on July 19, but we had scheduled it a bit early because we had been told, originally, that we could start our 2nd adoption as soon as that report was in to the agency. Well, that didn't happen, but we kept the appointment for when it was.
The visit went well; I really like our social worker. She told us we were "good parents" and asked us to come show off R and talk about our adoption the next time she has an informational session in our area. (I guess that means we get to keep her!)So that is a good thing. She asked typical questions about how R was developing, how we were doing with the bonding process, if we had concerns as first time parents, etc. Her report will go to Ethiopia, along with pictures we send. If I were writing the report, here is what I'd say about my daughter:
1. She is always on the go... busy busy busy!

(Do you like her hat?)
2. She is way too curious.

(Getting into something she shouldn't be messing with.)
(She is obsessed with Daddy's shoes right now.)3. She likes to get her way.
(Note that it says "High Maintenance" on her shirt. This is an understatement)

(She looks so big in this picture!
And, yes, of course I dressed her up for the visit with our social worker.)
(Zwieback is AWESOME!)
5. She is so funny.

(She is eating her baby foot! I am aware that babies do this, but I just think she looks so funny in her car seat chewing on her toes.)
6. She has the biggest smile in the world.

(She is playing in her crib. The red thing is a mini Frisbee.)
7. She is not a fan of reading books, just chewing on them.
(This makes my little L.A. teacher heart sad.)
8. She is the light of my life and my greatest joy.
I love you, curly fry!!

3 comments:
she is a true beauty!
I LOVE this post - how do you handle that smile? She is just so gorgeous! I love the pictures with the comments about what you would say about her - so darn cute! Thanks for the update!!
Kristin
those pictures are so cute! She is getting too big - so weird to see her standing! Also, love the flowered shorts. Noelle also likes to eat her feet. It is so funny when she is loudly sucking on her big toe. And yes, we need a day out w/o our children, as cute as they may (sometimes) be.
Post a Comment