Our Amharic "family" t-shirts. A and I NEVER wear "matching" t-shirts, but this was a special occasion!
And here we are in them at the picnic. This is near the end of it. We are all hot, and R was VERY tired. She looks pretty grumpy in this shot, but in the other one that was taken, I look like a dork, so there is no way I'm posting that online.
We attended the AGCI picnic in our area yesterday. It was tons of fun to meet so many other adoptive families and spend time in an environment in which our family looked a lot like everyone else's family! There were so many kids from Guatemala there, but I know next year there will be tons of Ethiopian kids there, too! R did pretty well, despite the heat and lack of a nap.
However, at one point, the person from AGCI home office wanted to take a picture of all the adopted kids. I sat R down on the grass next to a Guatemalan boy who was probably about 14 months or so old. He had a sippy cup with him. Well, Princess R thinks that everything is hers so she tried to grab it. The boy (of course) didn't want to share! R started screaming! The AGCI rep picked her up and handed her the boy's sippy cup, which had fallen on the ground. R stopped screaming; she had what she wanted... but then the little boy started instead! It was funny. I'd love to post a picture, but I need to respect the privacy of the other adoptive families. Just trust me that it was a funny experience.
My social worker was in charge of planning the whole picnic, and I signed up to help her with it next year. She originally thought there would be about 30 people there, but it ended up to be more like a 130! All in all it was a great time, and I look forward to other AGCI picnics in the years to come.
On a side note, we also sort of decided what age we'll be adopting next! Probably in the 4 to 7 year old range. I will be honest and say I would like to adopt another girl... We are not going to start the process until spring or summer 2009, but it is good to start thinking about it!

No comments:
Post a Comment