Photobucket

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hey, I think I read her blog...

So, A and I took the girls to this little farm/mini zoo thing (where a giraffe totally attacked me, btw, but that's a story for another day when I download the pictures) just outside of A's hometown today.

We had just come in and were visiting with some bunnies when a woman comes toward me and asks if we're an adoptive family. I smile and say that yes, we certainly are...

To which, she replies, "I thought so! I think I read your blog!"

Ok, that's so crazy as R would say! I've never actually had someone (well, except at the Created for Care retreat last winter) stop me and tell me that. Definitely not when we're just out like normal.

Turns out, she and her family are in the process of adopting a little girl from ET and are waiting for their embassy appointment! Cool!

She said that she thought we lived in *another state* and seemed surprised to find we lived not far from where she did at all.

Just funny to me what a small world it really is!

4 comments:

Kristy Kay said...

HEY! I sure hope I didn't scare you when I came bounding up! :) It was so fun to see your beautiful girls in person! May God continue to bless your sweet family! Love in Jesus~

milreb said...

I think that increases your Jason Bourne ratio?? :)

Unknown said...

Ahhh... Fame! I read your blog religously and am always excited when I see a new post.
Glad you survived the giraffe attack!
maggie

Nikki said...

Funny!

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com