As far as the teaching team goes, it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. I'm still not used to the quiet that comes along with it because everyone is so independent and still unsure of one another. I'm used to bouncing into my friend H's room across the hall a couple times a day, not barely talking to some of the teachers... It's just different.
Transitioning from coaching to teaching is exhausting and draining like I've mentioned before. It was easier this week than it was last week, so my hope is that I get more used it, it will continue to get easier. I'm starting a (short) novel in a couple weeks (Seedfolks), do my Poe unit in Oct., and start A Long Walk to Water after that... I've never taught either book so this is going to involve creating entirely new units. This is sort of intimidating, but I'm also enjoying planning for something new and working the Common Core standards into my curriculum so I'm ready when my state transitions to it in a couple years. I know that seems like it is far off, but because I'm already doing new things, I figure I might as well start now. Oh, yeah, I should also probably include some writing into my curriculum as well...
My research grad class is finished as of today. I have the weekend free of classes, and then the fall semester starts Monday. I'm taking one class and beginning my internship. I do not know how I am going to be able to find the time to complete the required hours for the internship and am trying not to have a panic attack about it. But, my option was to do it now or wait an entire year. I don't know what the next year has in store for my family, so I thought it best to go for it now instead of delaying it a year and having another entire year of grad school to go. It will be hard, but I've delayed this degree and license long enough, and I think the time is now for me to get it finished.

No comments:
Post a Comment