Photobucket

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Away for a Few Days

UPDATED WITH THE REST OF THE PICTURES
We got back last night from a trip to visit a dear friend and to attend my agency's regional picnic. We had a pretty good trip, aside from some crazy girl behavior from my R. The girls did a great job in the car, and we visited a zoo and a couple museums before the agency picnic. Here are some pictures from the trip! They start with the last thing we did and end with the first, but I'm not going to try to put them in the opposite order. :)
Below, my E modeling the Africa shirts and hair clips I had made.

I think my R looks so very Ethiopian in this picture. Something about the way her hair frames her face and the expression on it.

My girls getting to know my friend P's daughter, S. They loved swinging with her on the swing in the back of the house. S was so sweet to my girls, and I loved seeing both her and her momma. (Her daddy is overseas fighting for our country right now.)

At the science museum, playing in an ambulance exhibit. Moments later R pushed E right off the seat. Ahh, sisterly love at its best!
Humm, I don't think letting R have a mallet is a great plan, do you?
R is fascinated with buses, so she was very excited to see this at the science museum!
"I'm from here-- 'Opia!-- Daddy!" my R says with pride.
Here, my girls look at the giraffes in their giraffe shirts. (Just take my word for it!)

My little Ethiopian princesses worn out from their day of going to the zoo (101 degree heat) and an art museum with a kids' play area.
Mommy and her sweet little E. She is so very precious.

A is not amused by R's behavior at dinner.

At a rest stop on the way there-- R is leading E back to the van.

10 comments:

Kristi J said...

it was so great meeting you guys...so fun...and your girls are just beyond yummy!! sooo cute!! :) thanks for coming..kristi

Melissa said...

They look so cute sleeping together! Also, the other day Noelle saw Taylor's butterfly shirt like the one R is wearing in the last pic, and commented that R has a shirt like that. Funny the things they remember!!

titushome said...

Great pictures!!! Sounds like you had a great time! I LOVE the last pic of R and E holding hands - just precious! E looks SO big and toddler-ish though - where are our babies?? :)

Sarah

Alison said...

I loved getting to meet ya'll yesterday at the picnic! Your girls are absolutely beautiful!! Makes me so excited about bringing our Caroline Faith home!! Love your blog! Will be keeping up with your precious family, for sure!!

Andrea said...

Your girls are so beautiful!!! I loved watching the little one play in the water! So sweet!! It was good to meet you and I will definitely be e-mailing you for the names of all 4 of those hair products!!! ; )

missy said...

wishing i could have met you and seen those beauties in person at the picnic! looks like you had a great trip.

Melissa said...

Wow, R looks stunningly beautiful in the pic where she's holding the cup!

milreb said...

Great photos M! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! So wish we could have been there. I too love the last photo of the girls holding hands. And of R spotting Africa proudly at the zoo!

Sara K. Parker said...

Loved the pictures. Wow, R's hair is so pretty! (I am sure that E's is too - I just can really see R's in these pics!) So sorry to hear about the job issue. UUGH. I feel for you. :P

Dawn said...

CUTE pics!! you should sell those little clips! you'd make some $$ for the NEXT adoption!! ;)