Photobucket

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Home A Year

Last year, on this date and time, I was in bed asleep with my new baby daughter and sweet husband. (Yes, R used to sleep in bed with us, then in a bassinet, then her crib.) We had just returned home from Ethiopia, and I don't think I have ever been so tired in my entire life.
The journey home was long and exhausting. R was a good girl for most of it, and I'm still very thankful for that. I know it could have been way worse and way more difficult than it was, even with delays and ice storms and lost luggage.

Below is a picture of R on her first full day home (a year ago tomorrow). A dressed her, not me, hence the "awesome" onezie and leggings combo!! This was right after we gave her her first bath at home.



I love that little curly fry. :) I don't know why she's making that face. Maybe she was just done with the camera flashing in her face.
On the adoption front:
A and I made a plan for tackling that dossier and homestudy tonight. We have our first call with our agency tomorrow, and we will be able to send in our contracts on Tuesday. YAY!
Also, when we adopted R, our agency's policy was to NOT tell families when their court dates were unless there were special circumstances. Honestly, I was glad I didn't know. The wait for me was probably one of the most painful times of my life. I just couldn't handle it. I can't imagine what it would have been like knowing when our court date was, too. So, with that said, the other decision we've made is to tell our case manager we do not want to know when our court date is. Of course that might all change when we see her face, but we'll decide that then. For now, I think I'd really rather not know.

2 comments:

J-momma said...

ooooh....no, i didn't know you could get in online. i'd heard she wrote another book of Twilight from Edward's perspective, i even looked for it at the book store. thanks for telling me, i'm totally gonna check it out now. my husband doesn't thank you though. ha, ha!

J-momma said...

uh, yes, sadly i read the whole book online last night. yeah...i might need an intervention. i really hope she writes the rest of it though. i was disappointed we didn't get to read the fight scene with James.