Ok, we got the call from our agency today.
Good news: We're approved to adopt again! YAY! Contracts are in the mail. And I'm happy about that.
Bad news: The contract is for an infant girl. The situation is this: They would like us to contract for an infant again, meet with our social worker, do some more research and then they make the final decision. They aren't thrilled with the idea of our adopting a child older than R, but they are not telling us absolutely no way.
My status: 24 hours ago, I would have been flaming mad, confused, upset. It is good really that we had to wait and that A actually talked to the inquiry person because I wasn't home yet. Right now, I'm ok with it. At peace so to speak. I was so hyped up yesterday that the cool down period was exactly what I needed.
Here's the thing. We've felt like an older child is the way to go. However, when A said, "Our contract is going to be for an infant," I felt a feeling of relief I in no way expected to feel. It surprised me. Wow, still does.
And, there are things about adopt an older child and adopting out of birth order that we obviously haven't considered. Our agency is the expert, not us.
So I'm totally ok and open to whatever comes next. If our future child is out there waiting for us or if she hasn't been born yet, it doesn't matter. Just like with R, she's already picked out and perfect for our family.
Why would I be sad or disappointed about that? (And Lord knows I love little Ethiopian baby girls!!)
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Thanks for the comment and keeping me in the loop. :) I was/am surprised at the "semi-decision". I've been following two different blogs of families that adopted a baby a little over a year ago and are now either waiting for court or waiting to travel to pick up their "about" 10 year old daughters!!
So... I kind of spewed out a quick comment before taking the kids up to bed. But... obviously your next daughter will be absolutely perfect for your family!!!! Thanks for including me on your journey. I'll be sure to keep you posted as well. :)
So glad you feel a peace about the decision. And I'm excited to follow your second adoption!
I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!! Are you on the waiting list yet? I WANT TO GO AGAIN! I want another baby :-)
We will adopt again... I am just not sure it will be this soon (we have 4 little ones... gotta wait a little longer!)
Tracie
Just now reading this- I'm so proud of you for having a good attitude about it! Whatever is meant to be will happen. The perfect child, meant to be yours, will be in your family forever. No matter what age she comes home. YAY!
love
becca
Post a Comment