Part One:
I am the coach for a writing competition my school is involved in. Actually it has been around for a while, as I was in it when I was in 7th and 8th grade. Today was the competition for area schools, and my school is the host school. A friend of mine is a coach for another school. I haven't seen him in ages, nor have I really talked to him. I saw him registering his team and went up to say hi. As I was talking to him, the other coach from his school turned around. It was a girl I knew.
Not only that, but it was a girl who was supposed to be my student teacher last year but didn't end up completing her placement with me. Basically, I (and others in my building, too) did not feel that she was competent to be my student teacher and had to ask her not to return to the placement after her college's winter break. I hadn't talked to her since then, and I was shocked to see that she taught at my friend's school, which is a good school in a good district.
On top of that, A brought R to visit me during the lunch break before the awards. I introduced her to M (my friend), and I had to do the same with my former student teacher because she was right there.
The whole thing was really uncomfortable and unexpected.
Part Two:
On the adoption front, my letters from my two doctors made it to my agency by Friday. The social services director will review our application and "supporting documents" (doctor letters) on Monday afternoon. This means that we will know soon what the verdict on the older child decision will be. Most I have talked to about this issue have told me not worry, and some even have said that agencies can't really tell us no.
Bottom line: I just want to start the process soon!
Like Monday!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hmm...well, that's an interesting rule they have about adopting in birth order. i would imagine it would be considerably harder to place older children that way. and shouldn't they want to be doing that? anyway, not sure what agency you're with, but i KNOW i've seen people adopting out of birth order on other adoption blogs. so there is someone out there allowing them to do so. i really hope your agency doesn't give you a problem about this. it would be very unfortunate for a child to miss out on the opportunity to be in your family. good luck.
So glad you are adopting an older child...They so need adopting..I hope to do that next time if we ever find the money again...For now, we LOVE our new 9 month old baby girl and can't wait to get our hands on her...Yes, it was an awesome experience to see her face for the first time...Thanks for your comment..It was a fun day, kj
Post a Comment