Photobucket

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Deep Thoughts... by R

Today at breakfast, R was in deep thought. A asked her what she was thinking about after a minute or two...

To which she replied: "Umm, rainbows."

I need moments like this to ground me, to remind me of how beautiful and precious my eldest daughter is. Yesterday was a rough day for us-- she was whiny and fussy and demanding... Ugh. She cried a bunch, and I yelled a bunch. Last night, as I laid in her bed with her at bedtime, we talked about how tomorrow would be another day, a better day, for Mommy and R.
Sweet girl, I thank god for you. For your beautiful spirit and soul. For the precious little girl you are and who you will grow up to be someday.

Some days I have to say, it's hard to be your mom. I imagine some days it's hard to be my daughter, too.

Some days, I forget about how my heart ached to hold you. I take you for granted.

Some days, I get so frustrated.

But, I always, always, always love you. We both need to remember that tomorrow is a new day on those hard ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for the reminder.