Photobucket

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Seems like forever ago...

... that we were put on the waiting list for our second baby girl! That was one year ago today.

Wow, times have changed.

If you woulda told me a year ago that our daughter would already be home 4 months at this point, I would have just laughed. I mean, come on!! We were on the list at sweet number 33, which seemed insurmountable after entering the list at 4 (!!) for R's adoption.

A year ago, my baby was 3 months old and living with her birthfamily. I wish I could know what her life was truly like then.

I know what our life like. We had an 18 month old baby girl and had the expectation that we'd wait a full year or so before getting our referral. We were cool with that. That's why we'd started when we did... because it was going to take FOREVER to bring our second home.

I remember calling and texting our family and friends with the exciting news. I remember the joy of being at the next stage and feeling at peace with that. I was ready for the agency to be in charge instead of us and to really try to put our next baby girl out of my mind for 10 months to a year.

My prayers would have been so different had I known that E was already alive, out there, living in ET with her birthfamily.

I think about the mountains that had to have been moved for us to become E's parents, and I am in awe. Oh, baby girl, thank god you are home.

2 comments:

titushome said...

We're almost to the one year mark too!! :)

I'm so glad our babies are home!!

Sarah

Sparkz said...

That's so neat! What special memories!