My dear friend, M, gave me the most amazing gift this morning when A and I dropped R off at her house for the day... a children's book of R's adoption story that she had created for us!
Let me back up a second. M is the most talented of writers. When we were in HS, we used to try to outdo each other with humorous stories. Every once in a while, my story would be better than hers, but she would usually "beat" me. For years, I have been telling her she should try to get her writing published because of her exceptional gift.
The story she wrote is beautiful, and for someone who is not an adoptive mom, she explains adoption on a child's level in a way that a reader would have a hard time believing she hadn't adopted. (I guess she's been listening to me long enough.)
She stole the title of my blog for the title of the story, but that's fine with me! There is a reason this blog is titled as it is...
Well the sneak not only kept it a secret from me that she was writing this story and creating a book for my family but also kept it a secret that she DID submit it to a publisher! She will know in a couple of weeks if it will be accepted or not.
Anyway, M, I love the book, I love you, and I love that you might be sharing it with the world. I am so proud of you are pursuing this!
Thank you.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How cool! Sounds like we have a future book club choice in the making! What a sweet friend.
Post a Comment