I just got off the phone with my dad, who is always watching the Weather Channel. He was watching the update on "Ike," which is now projected to be a category 4 hurricane when it hits Marathon in the FL Keys on Tuesday. In that we live thousands of miles from there, why does my dad call to update me on this? Well, my brother, J, lives there, as does his friend and his wife and one my dad's good friends.
My dad said J told him that if it will be a cat 4 when it hits, he will evacuate to mid-Florida and stay with another friend's mom. If a cat 4 hits Marathon, it will be wiped out, and everything will be destroyed. This makes me feel so sick and horrible inside knowing that it is very likely that my brother and others we know down there will lose their homes. Dad says they have not been hit by a hurricane more than a low 3 since the 1930s.
I am hoping and praying that the storm decreases before it hits.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YIKES - I will totally pray for your brother - I can't even imagine.
I love the post below - so cute. The poem cracked me up - so true for ALL kids :) - but some even more than others :)!
K
I'm assuming he evacuated. He hasn't been able to go back and assess the damage yet, has he?
Post a Comment