Photobucket

Friday, September 5, 2008

Funny Picture and a Temper Tantrum

A few weeks ago, my friend M had a Mickey Mouse birthday party for her middle daughter. Being the super-awesome mom she is, she even bought mouse ears for the kids to wear. Here is a picture of M, her daughter N (one month younger than R), R, and me. I thought it was funny because both girls look so serious... and yet, they are wearing mouse ears. (Do you like their matching BF dresses? Adorable!)

On a side note, my daughter threw her first (major) temper tantrum yesterday. I didn't know 9 month olds had temper tantrums, but apparently they do. I just know that soon, A and I will be those parents in the grocery store with the screaming toddler who wants the cookies we won't buy... M says she knew from the first time she looked at a photo of R that she would be a "screamer." At the time, I was hoping she was wrong, but last night's display of screaming, crying, kicking, arching of the back, etc. has proven that M was indeed right!


Despite this, she is the absolute light of my life. Like A said the other night, "We have been given a great gift" in the form of this small girl. She is so awesome.

There once was a girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead.
And when she was good,
She was very, very good,
But when she was bad,
She was horrid!
-- Longfellow
(This sorta sums it up, doesn't it?)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hello, Caitlin was my first child, so I know a screamer when I see one. If you recall, Caitlin was also throwing tantrums at 9 months....