Photobucket

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Today

Two years ago today was a pretty normal Thursday morning for us. I got ready to go to work and had R dressed and eating breakfast. I turned on my cell phone, and it showed that I had a text message.

The message was from my friend S, and she'd written, "You're the new #1! The V family got the call!" I raced downstairs and checked the V family's blog... Their blog confirmed that they had received their referral, meaning that we were next in line. (Not that I didn't believe you, S! I just had to see it for myself!)

I told A, and we both were so excited. It is a surreal feeling to know that the next referral WILL be yours.

Two years ago today, E had made her journey from southern ET and had been at my agency's transitional home for 3 days. Knowing my child as I do now, I'm sure that it was a hard day for her. I know her tender heart now, and I am sure she was scared and was grieving her birthfamily. My poor, sweet, darling baby girl.
Two years ago today, my E, we were so excited about possibility of you. Today, I'm so thankful that I am your momma. I love you so much, little precious daughter of mine.

3 comments:

milreb said...

Oh, I just got chills reading this M. You were #1 and little E was just waiting at HH and a new story was about to be written. I didn't realize you were right behind the V family. What a great picture of the two of you! Love it!

Alison said...

So precious!!! What a special day!

The B Family said...

It's amazing to think of the journey our children traveled. They experienced so much in the first months of their lives.

And you both look lovely in lavender! Beautiful picture.