Photobucket

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Birth Family Questions

Some recently commented that they'd like to know what questions I long to have answers for from my girls' birth families. Here is a list of things I would love to ask E's birth family and some that I know the answers to from R's (but not all).
  • What does ---- (the child’s name) mean?
  • Who chose her name? Why?
  • Can you tell us about her father and other family members (such as grandparents and siblings)?
  • What is your personality like? Her father’s?
  • Can you tell us a little about your life as a child?
  • Was there a special song you sang to ---- (the child)?
  • What was your labor and delivery like? Easy? Difficult? Long? Short?
  • What time of day was she born? (For some reason, I LONG so much to know this.)
  • Where was she born?
  • Was she breastfed?
  • Who does she resemble most, you, her father, or another relative?
  • Was she a happy baby?
  • What comforted her best?
  • What can you tell me about the child’s other birth family members?
  • What are your dreams for her?
  • What is something you hope for your daughter?
  • What would you like her to know about you?
  • What would you like her to know about Ethiopia?

3 comments:

Bonnie Nieuwstraten said...

Been reading your last few months, and oh, I have walked down this road so many times. Nothing prepares you for these heart breaking questions. SO many things I just have to say, "I don't know. I wish I did sweetie." I wish I had been more prepared for this. I'm reading "20 Things Adoptive Parents Need to Succeed." It's a good read, and it talks about what your child may be struggling with at different ages. Praying for you today~

The B Family said...

I'm hoping we are able to meet and build a relationship with birth family next time around. Going to tuck this list away for reference. Thanks for sharing it.

Jenni said...

Thanks for sharing this. I have answers to a few of see questions, but there are many I would have never even thought about. My husband has the privilege of meeting her again later this month. I will send these with him:)