Photobucket

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pre-School


Tomorrow, my tiny little baby R goes to pre-school. How is it possible that my teeny tiny baby girl is now old enough for pre-school? This just does not seem like it could really be happening. She is nearly four-- it's been nearly four years since we received her referral-- the time has gone by in a flash. (Below, a picture from the day I met my daughter 3.5 years ago.)
My girl is so, so excited about going to school. It is going to be so good for her, too. She is going to a school that follows a Reggio philosophy, and A and I couldn't be happier with the choice for her. She is going to be learning in an amazing environment along with her BFF N. One of her teachers has Ethiopian friends and I can tell she loves R already. In fact, she's known R since she was tiny because she used to accompany my friend M to drop off her daughter T for school when she was going there.

Bottom line, tomorrow is a day that marks a change in our lives. R enters the world of school where she will be for the next 2 decades or so. Oh, honey-baby, you are growing up so very fast. I love you so much, my big, going-to- school girl.

1 comment:

annieglan said...

AWW I love this picture! She is super tiny. Please post a picture of her first day of school.