Photobucket

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

3 Years Ago Today

I became a mom 3 years ago today when we received our referral for R. I can still remember vividly the moment I opened an email from my case manager saying she was trying to get a hold of me to talk to us about something.

That "something" was my daughter, my precious R. I remember shaking and crying while my case manager told me my daughter's story. The joy of telling A he was a father. The feeling when I saw the first picture of her.

And the longing. The heart breaking, heart aching longing for this child of mine. The time between referral and our traveling to Ethiopia was the hardest time of my life. My heart hurt and longed for my daughter. It was a physical aching that I had never experienced before.

For my daughter, I had prayed. R was the answer to many a prayer. I longed to have a daughter... I prayed she'd be as young as possible (she was a little over 3 weeks old)... And, she was so very beautiful. I could see her spirit, even as a tiny 3 week old.

Three years have gone by in a flash. Since that life-changing day 3 years ago, we have become a family of 4. We've changed in many ways. My daughter has grown from a tiny helpless baby to a strong-willed, funny, and beautiful toddler.

4 comments:

Alison said...

How sweet!! Praise God for all He has done for your family! Your girls are so beautiful!!

Melissa said...

None of our lives would be the same without that girl of yours!

Sparkz said...

great memories!

mama becca said...

awesome!
and, love the pictures :).