Ok, so hair's a challenge around here. I mean, I have two little beautiful Ethiopian daughters with beautiful Ethiopian baby curls. Recently, I came across an article about something called a Tangle Teezer... Then my friend A posted a rave review about it on her blog, so I asked her what was so wonderful about this weird looking comb-brush thingie. I used it on R's hair the other day, and it worked ok. I mean, it was nice, but I didn't see much of a difference in it versus the combs we usually use. I had already done E's hair for the day when I purchased it, so I didn't try it on hers until this morning.
OH.
MY.
GOSH.
The thing's amazing. Doing E's hair used to be torture for both her and me (or A when he does it!). Just the sight of the comb would cause her to burst into tears and cry out "Hold you, Momma, hold you, Momma!" which means "give me a hug and don't hurt my head with that mean old comb." Seriously, it was the most awful part of the day, and I dreaded it each morning.
This morning, though, was sooo different. E started crying when A put the detangler on her, but when he started working through her hair with the Tangle Teezer, she actually stopped crying and just sat there!!
It was a miracle!! I mean, really, an honest to God miracle. If you have a child with hair that is similar to E's hair, go buy one tomorrow. You can get them online at the company's website as well as a few other places online. However, I actually found that they are now sold at Sally's Beauty Supply so I was able to purchase mine in the store.
If you want to know more or have questions, please feel free to leave a comment with your email, and I will email you back.
(Just so you know, obviously, I'm writing this review on my own. No one asked me to, and I'm certainly not getting paid to do it. Although, if Tangle Teezer wants to send me a free one, I'd be more than happy to advertise for them more- haha.)

6 comments:
Thank you, thank you!! I will get one ASAP! Hair combing has become a nightmare!
It really is a miracle worker :)
hey there!
catching up on your blog...
i've never heard of this! so exciting... will try with sammy... and of course with future girl-baby in mind (far future, unfortunately, but i WILL be prepared :).
Awesome thanks!
I posted on this a while ago myself. I LOVE this brush. Its amazing and the fact that they are now sold in the US- even better! So glad you ran across it! Don't you love not hearing your child cry as you do their hair!?
The girls and I were just looking through pictures on your blog and as I scrolled down to this one they both completely cracked up! They think it is hilarious that you have a picture of "Bete's Tangle Teaser" on your blog!! :)
Post a Comment