Ok, the weather here is bad and getting worse. I'm actually home from work an hour early because of it. A, R, and I went to Target last night, and when we got home, we just took the baby inside because it was so cold.
While A was putting R to bed, I went out to get the diapers, milk, etc., out of the trunk of the car. I remembered that my husband's new garmin was in the car, so I unlocked the car, got it, and carried it and the other stuff into the house. (A told me that garmins aren't supposed to be exposed to extreme cold, and I was trying to be helpful.)
I called A between classes to tell him I was getting out early and to ask if he wanted me pick up the baby from M's house. He sounded really upset so I asked him what was wrong. He hesitantly asked me if I had left the car unlocked last night. I told him I might have. We took his car last night, and I usually don't lock or unlock the car because he does. It is entirely possible that I hit the wrong button when I attempted to lock it after getting the garmin out.
Well, apparently that IS what happened because A's MP3 player is missing from his car today. I feel so awful about it because it is totally my fault for being careless when I got into it.
A is really upset, and I just have the feeling of being violated. I know, I know, at least no one was hurt, and the car wasn't damaged, etc., etc... And, my brother's junior year of college, he returned to his apartment after winter break to find nearly everything had been taken from his roommates and him when there was a break-in. It is JUST an MP3 player (well, and a charger and a cord to connect it to the radio), so it could be a lot worse.
We don't live in an unsafe neighborhood; at least I didn't think we did! Our street is really only two blocks long, and mostly the only reason anyone would be on it is because they live on it. It makes me mad.
A couple days ago, I was in our backyard and noticed that our grill had been pulled out and knocked over. It's pretty messed up, too. Like no handle and other parts are broken as well.
Are these two things related? I would say it is possible.
I just hate stuff like this. I can't imagine taking something from another person or purposefully damaging some else's property. It just seems so wrong.
So that's my day. I hope yours is better. I'm going to post this in ugly brown because that's how I feel right now.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I know how you feel. Last year, first Jamey's car was stolen from out back, then a week or less later, his grimy old lunchbox was stolen from his mom's van (that he was borrowing)out front. It also made us wonder if we were being targeted for some reason. I didn't think our neighborhood was unsafe either, but I guess no place is really safe. Well, like A told me, now he has an excuse to get a newer, better one! :)
Post a Comment