(This picture of R is from our second set of pictures we received while she was in Ethiopia. It was taken approximately a year ago!)Friday, Jan. 25, 2008 was our court date in Ethiopia, not that we knew at the time. We had received pictures of R a few days prior, but we didn't know that meant a court date was coming up. At that time, our agency did not tell families when their court dates were. (I guess now they do.) We were so longing to go get R and bring her home as we had been since we had seen her beautiful little face for the first time.
Waiting to bring R home was by fair the most painful part of the adoption experience for me. I know that compared to many others, our wait was a breeze, but my heart ached to hold my child constantly.
We received our travel call on Monday, Jan. 28, 2008. We had gone to our favorite Ethiopian restaurant for the first time that weekend. (We always say going there was good luck.) A was at home during the day and received the phone call from our case manager (I was at work). At 3:15 or so, the students had pretty much left the building. My friend H spotted A walking down the hall.
When I saw him, I thought something bad had happened because he never shows up at my school unannounced. As he walked closer he said to me, "What are you doing on Feb. 17?" I said that I was supposed to be at my baby shower. To which he replied that we were going to have to change that because WE HAVE TO BE IN ETHIOPIA!
I was in shock. We had passed court on the first time and had received a court date more quickly than I had expected.
A year. How our lives have changed since R legally and fully became our daughter and we prepared to bring her home.
Such blessings, some struggles, lots of change, and indescribable joy.
That's what this year has brought.
Waiting to bring R home was by fair the most painful part of the adoption experience for me. I know that compared to many others, our wait was a breeze, but my heart ached to hold my child constantly.
We received our travel call on Monday, Jan. 28, 2008. We had gone to our favorite Ethiopian restaurant for the first time that weekend. (We always say going there was good luck.) A was at home during the day and received the phone call from our case manager (I was at work). At 3:15 or so, the students had pretty much left the building. My friend H spotted A walking down the hall.
When I saw him, I thought something bad had happened because he never shows up at my school unannounced. As he walked closer he said to me, "What are you doing on Feb. 17?" I said that I was supposed to be at my baby shower. To which he replied that we were going to have to change that because WE HAVE TO BE IN ETHIOPIA!
I was in shock. We had passed court on the first time and had received a court date more quickly than I had expected.
A year. How our lives have changed since R legally and fully became our daughter and we prepared to bring her home.
Such blessings, some struggles, lots of change, and indescribable joy.
That's what this year has brought.

1 comment:
Can you believe it's been a year?!! I remember seeing her picture for the first time - so crazy to think it was a year ago (yet it seems like it just happened). I read about the car and $ issues. I'll be praying for you guys!!
Post a Comment