Drum roll please.....
A and I would like to announce that we have decided when we will start our next adoption!
We plan to start the process (journey, whatever!) again after we get our tax rebate back. So, wow, that's, like, soon! :)
Please pray (if you do that sort of thing) for guidance for us for the following:
1. That we are making the right decision for our family.
2. That we can decide on age, gender, and number of children.
3. For our child(ren) as he/she/they wait(s) for us to be a forever family. Knowing my child(ren) is/are out there already is so unreal for me to think about.
Our plan is an older child. How old? We don't know.
Our plan may include siblings. My concern with siblings is mainly for R. I don't want her to ever feel left out if she had siblings who were related biologically.
Gender? Most likely another girl, but I'm open to a boy, too.
So we have decided when to start the process but need some help on the rest.
Does anyone have any suggestions about this?
Thank you!
PS-- Our Ethiopian Christmas celebration was fun; pictures to follow soon. Too tired tonight to download them onto my computer and upload them to this site.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
wow. congrats. and good luck. are you looking to adopt from ethiopia again? or are you open to any type? cause i could tell ya a whole lot about adoption from foster care. it's not as scary as it sounds. oh, and boys are cool. you should be open to them (in my biased opinion). love the christmas pictures by the way. your girl is gorgeous. it's crazy that she didn't win that photo contest for adoptive families. i still say it was rigged.
p.s. i would love to meet any of the blogger moms i know, but for some reason, all of them live in the mid-west. i'm in the north east. where are you?
WOO-HOO - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so thrilled for you guys!! I'll be praying for you and can't wait to hear more :)!!
Congratulations!! It's always super exciting when you decide to add to the family. We have two home grown girls so adopting a boy was really exciting to me and I have not been disappointed. It is so fun. I had always wanted two girls so it was kind of a natural choice for us, having the 3rd be a boy. The only thing I was thinking when you asked for suggestions was that whole birth order thing. "They" talk about letting your first always be the oldest. But that always isn't the case for every family. So now I've been a TON of help:).
that's AWESOME!
Sending you a huge "hi-five" through blogland. What a crazy journey we're on, eh??? I cannot wait to see how this next chapter unfolds for you. You are in my prayers!!!
with love
becca
Post a Comment