I went to visit my friend P for a few days this week. We haven't seen each other in 2 years, and that visit was very short. She lives about 5.5 hours away from me, and we used to work together. She had to move (well, twice since leaving here) because of her husband's job.
It is so nice to just be able to slide back into a grove with her. I used to talk to her on the phone almost daily and visited her multiple times throughout a year. This was before the kids, and obviously I don't always have the time or money to travel all the time. I feel guilty about sort of letting that friendship fall apart, but I just couldn't help it.
We used to shop a lot when she lived her, and we had a fun shopping day on Wed. Her daughter came along with us, and that was fun, too. Her daughter is going to be a high schooler soon, and I can't believe she's old enough to be in HS now.
The bottom line is that I have missed P so much recently, and it was wonderful to have a few days break from my current reality. The girls stayed with my parents because of A's work schedule. They got to fish, play, and go to the zoo. I love my girls, but I did need a break. Does that seem selfish? Sometimes I feel like I can't breathe. I just needed some time off from them.
Friday, July 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment