Photobucket

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Grad School: The End... and Other Things

Ahh, I am finished with grad school as of Friday night.  I couldn't be happier that this 18+ month journey is finally over for me.  I just can't believe I actually survived the whole thing.

Looking back, I know it will help me in the next step in my career-- whenever and whatever that may be.  I have to have additional licensure to do anything else besides be in the classroom.  Which I am fine with doing for now.  I had applied in the spring for another position in my district and didn't get it.   However, A's new job requires him to work until 8:30pm during the week, and that job would have required lots of after school meetings and day trips to the state capitol for meetings.  This would have been hard with A no longer to be home in the evenings or to pick up the kids for me occasionally.

I feel like I'm free...  I seriously thought after we put the girls to bed tonight, "ok, what do I need to do for my class tonight?" and then had the wonderful realization that the answer is NOTHING.

I do still have to take the state license test, but I'm not too concerned about it.

Another teacher in my department recently resigned, which means I'll be picking up an additional prep this year-- an advanced class.  This should be a challenge, but in a good way, for me.  It will be interesting to work with students who are gifted in some way in reading, writing, or both.  It will also be a challenge to teach HS material to 8th grade students...  Just because they are advanced doesn't mean they are not still middle schoolers!

I don't know what I'll be doing with this blog... or if anyone even reads it anymore.  It was simply not something I could maintain while working through grad school.  In truth, I enjoy writing but I also don't know  if I need a public forum for it at this point.  It made sense when we were in the middle of our adoption to record the journey and to share it with others.  I don't know if sharing our daily life make sense anymore or not.

1 comment:

annieglan said...

Well, I like hearing about it :)