I have two of them, and A has one (as well as a sister)... One of my brothers lives about 20 minutes from my house and has always been involved in the girls' lives because he's close by. My other brother, J, lived out of state for a long time but has recently moved back to the area. I'm LOVING that my girls are getting to spend time with their Uncle J and are really starting to form a bond with him. Recently, when we were all up at my parents' house, he fished with them in my parents' pond and read them book after book. He stopped short of playing "My Little Ponies" with them, but I can't blame him there. (R has very specific scenarios for playing ponies, lol.) In short, he's a really good uncle to my girls, and they love him. I'm thankful for his time back home because he's no longer a stranger to them.
We also saw A's brother, T, last night. I was noticing how good he is with my niece, who has some special needs. Although he doesn't spend much time with my girls, it was really nice to watch him with my niece, his son, and my girls... I can see that he loves my niece and is almost like a parent figure in her life, which she needs.
All in all, although I ALWAYS wanted a sister when I was growing up, I am very thankful for my two brothers and A's brother... Good, strong, positive male influences in my daughter's lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment