Today, as I was heading to get gas after work, I got in a car accident. A car went left of center, was t-boned by an SUV, and slammed into the driver's side front wheel/headlight/tire before spinning again into the center lane. I wasn't going very fast at the time of the impact because I had several seconds of knowing the car would hit mine before it actually did.
The woman driving the car that hit me... She died. I didn't need the news outlets' online articles to tell me that. I looked back and saw it myself. She was in her 20s and had two small children, who, thankfully, were not in the car at the time.
It was a bad accident for the car and the SUV that hit it. I walked away. I am a bit achy, and I'm pretty certain that my car is totaled, but I'm ok. I'm alive. The car can be replaced. Thank God for that.
Do you know today is R's birthday? Can you imagine what it would have been like for her to have had something horrible happen to me on her birthday? I'm thankful we did the celebrating with my family yesterday.
Dear God, thank you for sparing me and keeping me safe today.
Dear God, thank you for R, her Ethiopian mom, and for making me her mother.
Monday, November 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh my goodness! I am so glad you are safe. That is so sad to hear about the young mother. My prayers are with her family and her children.
I am so very sorry that this happened. What a terrible tragedy. So very sorry...blessing to you and the safety of your dear family.
Would you or anyone else here like to follow/subscribe to my blog? www.katherineconcannon.blogspo...
It's about my family and my life as a mother to 8, six adopted children and 2 biological children. I don't have any followers yet so i'd appreciate it if you'd follow it and/or pass it along to others. Thanks!
Oh my gosh, I am so glad you are ok! What a terrible thing to go through. So so sad about the other driver. It must be hard to process it all. Be well M.
Post a Comment