The whole trip was amazing from start to finish. First, my E was a wonderful traveler. My girl only cried a few times the entire weekend, and it was only when she was dead tired. She was smiley and happy and precious. She played with B like they'd never been apart. I LOVED LOVED LOVED seeing the two of them together again. I know you might not believe me, but I know those girls remembered each other. Even though S and B leave across the country from us, I know that E and B will always share a bond and friendship.
Speaking of, can I just tell you how much I loved meeting S in person!? Finally. It was so amazing to just be able to meet face to face!
The retreat was so awesome. 250 woman-- all brought together through adoption. Many different agencies, international, domestic... All of us there for a weekend specifically designed for us. I loved being reunited with some travel buddy friends and people whose blogs I've faithfully followed through their journeys. And I got to meet so many others, too!! The whole weekend, from start to finish, was such a blessings and was something I desperately needed!
On a totally unrelated side note, E, apparently, has decided it is time that she was potty trained. On Sat. night, she told me to take off her diaper because she had to potty... and she did!! And she did it again tonight. I had planned to start working on potty training over my spring break, but at this point, it appears she's begun to potty train herself! Is there anyway to explain how much I love that tiny, precious, beautiful, smart, funny, clever, joyful, amazing child??? And her sister, too, of course.
What did I EVER do to be this blessed? Yes, life can be hard and has been overwhelming lately, but my children truly are so amazing.

7 comments:
I love that cute little E. YAY for smart babies wanting to use the potty!
So glad yo had an amazing time! And yay for E!
i wish i could have been there. what fun for you and E!
Am I am the jealous one now! Sounds like a great restorative weekend. I am so glad you and S and B and E were all together in person. I know how much you love one another. So fun to read your happy post about your beautiful smart girls!
How fun! And yippee for your smart little E!
We should update the blog header to include both your beautiful girls :)
Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com
Agreed! It was a great weekend and so fun to see you. Glad you had such a good weekend with S. Sad I didnt get to say goodbye! I loved loved loved seeing sweet E too!
Post a Comment