Photobucket

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Baby Doll!

Today is my E's 2nd birthday. What can I say? She's such an amazing and funny and sweet little thing. She has such a caring heart and sensitive little soul, but she's so tough, too, and she's not afraid to stand up to her sassy big sister. She loves deeply and can always make me smile when I'm upset. She is a miracle.

I think today about her birthfamily, across the world in Ethiopia. I think about where they live, the place where my daughter was born and lived the first 8 months of her life. I long to tell them that she is ok... that she is loved... that she's sleeping tonight in a warm bed with at least 6 dolls cuddled up with her...

Tonight, at birthday cake time, she sang "Happy Birthday" to herself right along with us. She shared her icing with her big sister when R asked for more. She made her scary lion face and danced in her seat.

I love her so very much. I thank God that we started our 2nd adoption when we did and that by His miracle, she became my daughter.

My sweet E, I love you forever.

2 comments:

milreb said...

Gosh, she is growing up so fast! So wish we could have been there to sing with her. Happy Birthday Sweet E!!

The B Family said...

We love her, too! Such a little sweetheart! Happy Birthday, Precious E!
xoxoxo