Photobucket

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mixed Feelings

Recently, there have been some posts on my agency's listserv and another ET adoption listserv about a situation in which a family feels the agency wasn't truthful with them about their son. I've been really torn about this and haven't commented on either listserv.

I don't know how to react. I know in my case, and in the case of many other families, my agency has been wonderful. Our adoption experiences with them, well I couldn't ask for anything more.

So to hear something about this, something in which a horrible thing happened to a family, it breaks my heart. I don't doubt this happened to them, I don't doubt it was awful, I don't doubt this family's suffering and heart ache.

I just can't imagine this happening based on what I know of my agency. But at the same time, I don't feel in the slightest that this family is being dishonest about their experience.

My point of this post? I have no idea. Just what's on my mind at this given moment.

3 comments:

Sparkz said...

Wow thats hard. I hope nothing dis-honest is going on. I've been so happy w/our agency and feel like they do things correctly. I sure hope so!

Anonymous said...

I've heard some talk about this but still dont know what happened. i would love to read their story and why they thought the agency was dishonest. can you tell me where their blog is?

JonesEthiopia said...

Anonymous-- what I read was on my agency's listserv and another ET adoption listserv. I don't know if they have a blog or not. Sorry I can't be more helpful!