Last year's Thanksgiving was a day I can't forget. I was so glad to be with my family for the day, but my heart ached for my baby, just a few weeks old and whose face was unknown to us at the time. I remember that I knew it would be my last Thanksgiving without my child. And, of course, now we know that I was right. We received our referral just a few short weeks later.
I'm so thankful for my beautiful daughter. She is the absolutely most amazing blessing of my whole life. I do not know how I could be worthy of her as my daughter. I'm thankful, too, for her brave birthmother, the woman who gave birth to my daughter and gave her to us selflessly, only asking us to allow her to pursue an education and give her a happy life.

My daughter a month old (one of our referral pictures).
My beautiful daughter, now a year old!
May you have a safe, happy, and joyful Thanksgiving with your family and friends...

3 comments:
What a sweet blessing to be thankful for! She is beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous.
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog when we passed court :) We couldn't be more excited and look forward to next Thanksgiving when Eli is sitting at the table with us. Yay!!
Thanks so much!! You have a beautiful girl!
She is sooooo beautiful...we got our call last night and we're #9 officially and #6 unofficially..so exciting!!! so close, kristi
Post a Comment