Photobucket

Monday, November 24, 2008

Phone Call

I had just gotten R to bed and was about to load the dishwasher when the phone rang. It was a woman named D who had seen my name on the agency's reference list and wanted to talk to me about our adoption experience.

I'm always thrilled to be able to talk about Ethiopia and adopting from Ethiopia. I don't often get the chance to-- sometimes a random stranger or fellow adoptive parent will stop me while out on errands or what not... But mostly, people ask me about being R's mom, not being an advocate for adoption.

You see, I'm so passionate (as anyone who reads this blog regularly knows) about adoption and Ethiopia... I always hope so much that what I tell perspective adoptive parents is helpful and guides them in their decisions-- whatever that decision may be.

As we ended our conversation, D told me that what I had told her made her want to adopt even more than before... She was going to work on the paperwork and get it all in as soon as she could.

Mission accomplished!

2 comments:

The Gresham Clan said...

That is awesome - you truly are such an encouragement!! You made me feel the same way! Sorry I haven't emailed back yet - not tons of time either :). Will soon :)!

Kristi J said...

I hear ya...I talk adoption every where I go...and I don't have a baby home yet...keep up the good work, kristi