Today was R's one year check up. She had her little baby toe pricked for testing for anemia as well as four shots for various vaccines. She did ok with the toe prick but not with the shots. She screamed and screamed. :( On top of that, she's had some diarrhea the past few days (most likely because we have started transitioning her from formula to whole milk) so we had to take her to get an x-ray... I think my poor baby was traumatized!
She fell asleep on the way home, and the both of us napped on the sofa (what is better than cuddling with a sleeping baby??) while A made dinner. She woke up at 3am this morning and "played" until about 5:50 so we were both tired. (I get up at 6 for work.)
On a side note, I went to a craft show with one of my friends yesterday. It's sort of become a tradition as this is the 3rd year we've gone. This year, I did take R. I took the stroller and the hip hammock carrier because I knew that she would get tired of the stroller and want to be held anyway. As we were leaving (my friend with the stroller and I with the baby), a woman held the door for us. She remarked to her friend, "Oh, that's that baby I thought wasn't real!"
Ok then.
What kind of weirdo must she have thought I was to push a stroller and carry a fake baby in a baby carrier through a crowded craft show???
People are so strange.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
some people are just so strange, you're right!! too funny, kristi
What a weird thing to say.
Happy belated Birthday to your sweetie!
Ha Ha, that made me laugh out loud. What a wack-o thing to say!!
Sorry you didn't get any sleep - ugh - that's just so exhausting. Hopefully R feels better soon.
How is your friend H doing? Praying for her.
Post a Comment