Photobucket

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our Wisconsin Trip

Our Little Family in the North Woods

We are back from the North Woods. We actually have been home since Sunday, but it has been a busy week. I think R enjoyed the time with family and trees and lakes. It was good for her to spend time with her Uncle "La La," which is her name for my brother A. It is really cute.

We didn't do too much up there-- mostly just relaxed! We did go shopping, caught up on reading, ate pasties, hiked, kayaked... and just in general enjoyed being away from home and, in A's case, away from work!

R with her Uncle La La

Go Pack!
Beautiful Baby and Beautiful Trees
Now it is almost time for me to return to work, too, and I am getting depressed about it. I know once I get back into the grove of things it'll be ok, but I'm not looking forward to it right now. I always hate surrendering summer and returning to work. But, at the same time, I know that I am very lucky. Most people don't have 3 summer months off from work to spend with their children... and this is one reason why I became a teacher in the first place.

1 comment:

The Gresham Clan said...

Sounds like you had a BLAST!!! Glad that everything went so well. I just can't get over how adorable R is!! I'll be praying for your aunt - I HATE cancer - it is rampant in my family - so I understand. Praying for this and your family!!

Kristin