Running. Oh, I'm doing it. The first week was awful. This is for a variety of reasons, but I can feel myself getting stronger. I'm pathetically slow, but I am making progress. I carry my phone with me, which has a timer app and the I "heart" radio app, both of which help make it bearable. It does help that I can actually see my progress with the running app-- it tracks my time, as well as GPS, pace, etc. I can't say I love running or anything, but I do know I had to try something. This option fits into my life a little bit better than others I'd considered. In truth I am MILES (get it? Miles? haha) away from running any long distance, but that's ok. Like everything else, it takes time.
I'm even going to get up early tomorrow so I can run before the rest of the world wakes up. 5am is going to come awfully early, but I find it humiliating to run in the evening-- after the girls are in bed-- because there are so many people out at that time of day. My ex-Marine assistant principal even saw me out the other day. Sooo embarrassing. So very, very embarrassing. But, I went out at 6:30 on Sat morning when A got up to get ready for work (it was his one Sat. a month to work yesterday), and I was a lot happier when it was over than I have been with going in the evenings.
I know this is interesting to no one but myself, but hey, it's my blog. :)

1 comment:
THAT IS AWESOME!!! Way to go!
Post a Comment