Photobucket

Friday, December 7, 2012

Five Years

Five years ago today, we "the call" for a tiny and precious 3 week old baby girl with big, beautiful, curious brown eyes.  Oh, what a sweet baby she was.  All 17 pictures of her.  This child was the one my heart had longed for-- my R!  I couldn't believe I was FINALLY a mom...  and A was finally a dad.

It is an amazing thing, seeing your child's face for the first time.  While our journey to parenthood was not conventional, I am so thankful it has played out the way it did.  Even five years late, I am in awe of her, my daughter, and in awe of the fact that somehow I get to be her mom.  I doubt that feeling will ever go away.  R is an amazing child.

It is hard to imagine, now, life without her, life before her.  I know that before her, I was sad sometimes.  I was jealous of others sometimes.  I was frustrated with my lot in life sometimes.  Seeing her face on that chilly December Friday afternoon made it better.

When we got our referral for R, I remember shaking and crying-- A LOT.  I couldn't believe it was actually happening.  I knew right away she was mine; I loved her whole-heartedly instantly.

Oh, R, how I love you.  I can't believe it has been 5 years.  You are amazing.  You are beautiful.  You are strong.  You are loved.  You are funny.  You are sassy.  You are creative.  You are intelligent.  You are my daughter.   I love you.  So, so much.

2 comments:

annieglan said...

There is no way it's been 5 years. Oh man how I wish my kids could stop growing.

milreb said...

Happy Referralversary to you all!