Since then, she's still had days like that, but it hasn't been constant. Still, I would walk around feeling like my heart might explode from the stress of the whole thing. Lots of yelling on my part. Arguments between A and I because of the tension. And a sweet little E-poodle watching from the sidelines. I can only imagine what it was like for her. Poor curly fry.
However, the past 3 days have been great. Peaceful. When I've told R to do something or to NOT do something, she's listened. I took E and her to a playdate with another ET adoptive family on Wednesday and then to a nearby mall. It was supposed to be a short trip-- one store to grab one thing-- but it ended up being about an hour and a half because we unexpectedly ran into my bff and her precious girls so we helped them shop for a little bit, too.
And she listened. She stayed in the stroller or right next to M's older girls. She didn't grab at clothing and pull them off the shelves. She didn't fuss about wanting this or that. She didn't demand more snacks, which I'd left in the van because it was supposed to be a short trip. Above all, she listened. Did I mention she listened?? She wasn't perfect, but she was amazing. She was actually more well behaved than her normally very laid back sister.
She was pretty good Thursday and great today. I could tell she was happier today. Her sweet and silly huge smile returned today. I hadn't realized it had disappeared. She sang and danced and was sweet and helpful and kind. Sure, she was still ornery and a little wild here and there, but again, she listened and obeyed A and me. She only had to go in time out one time today, and it was for something really minor. I was mostly just making the point that she had to do what Mommy told her to do.
I don't want it to feel like I have a tally sheet of good days and bad for my R, but I am hoping that she continues to listen and obey. I don't mind if she does something she shouldn't-- as long as when she is asked to stop, she does. I know, she's only 3.5! And she is a curious little girl... I just need for our home to be peaceful like it has been the past few days.
So, with that, I feel like I can begin to exhale. My chest isn't so tight, and my vocal chords have had a rest, too.
It is so nice to be able to enjoy my precious daughter again. I love her so, so much-- no matter what-- always and forever-- but it is so amazing to be able to have fun with her instead of constantly fight with her.
Here's hoping it all lasts and only gets better from here!!

2 comments:
Yay! I guess she has passed the torch to her BFF. N has been defiant and out of control whinny and fit throwing the past few days..
Ack! I know all about those days... make that months. 16 month of this :-) and the twins are 7 years old. It takes time. Blessings,
angela
Post a Comment