I feel like we're totally drowning in stuff. I need to just get rid of so much of it, organize the rest, and keep it organized. This is my summer goal. How do you who work full time year round do it? I guess maybe you're better at keeping things organized than I am for one thing. Trust me, that's a very low bar.
Honestly, this isn't a new thing for me. As a child, my room was always a mess. As a college student, that didn't change, but one of my roommates was/still is a complete neat freak so it wasn't too out of control. After A and I got married, the apartment/house wasn't totally neat all the time (ok, it probably was messy), but it wasn't this bad. But then when R came home? Oh my gosh. And then E? Oh my gosh times 20. And it is not like A is helpful in keeping things clean/neat/organized. He's just as bad as I am, but he doesn't think he's responsible for anything except for his office. It's overwhelming, really.
I guess maybe the house is a metaphor for the rest of my life, as I feel like it's up in the air and disorganized, too. It's just so embarrassing. I don't want to be like this, but I honestly do not know how to change. If I get my house clean, it'll stay that way for a little while, and then, over and over again, it becomes cluttered and out of control once more.
So, maybe it's time to get off my stupid blog and start organizing something? Probably so. Ugh. Hate it!

4 comments:
I hate organizing crap.
These little people are very MESSY! I finally broke down and hired someone to clean 1x per month. It wasn't in the budget but I was going crazy. Now I have a hard time keeping the stuff picked up for the housecleaner! It's amazing how fast that thing I just put away for the 10th time reappears. Have A take the girls for an afternoon so you can have some time alone in the house to go thru stuff. Hang in there M!
And happy belated birthday!!
I feel the same way!! Like if we got rid of half of what we own our house would be half as messy?....Hmmm....For us, the summer time is the worst. With all the kids home all day, it is just too hard to keep up. Hoping no one drops in. Ever. LOL!
Post a Comment