Photobucket

Sunday, December 18, 2011

I'm finished! (Just in the nick of time to enjoy Christmas)

For the semester, that is. I'm finished with grad school for a few weeks (as well as regular, work-type school..), and I could not be happier. At a year into grad school, I'm, in truth, hating every minute of it. Does that sound too negative? I don't know; maybe it does. But, honestly, that's how I feel about it. I hate the time it takes away from my family, I hate the paper writing and the discussion board posting, and I hate the internship that seems like it will never end!

I know I brought all this upon myself entirely, but I also had no choice if I don't want to teach forever. And I've always known I don't want to do that. I just needed start it. I'd actually delayed starting another masters for years. For both adoptions and then for another year after that while we fumbled our way through becoming a family of 4. We knew we were in a place in which we were finished adopting for a while (maybe forever?), so I knew it was time for me to start. Right now I have the internship and some classes to take next semester and then maybe just one more class to be finished! That seems feasible, but I also feel pretty burned out.

E was also sick on Tues night/Wed this week so I stayed home with her on Wed. She was sicker than either girl has been. Every 20 minutes or so, all night long on Tuesday, she threw up. It was awful. And of course, in the middle of the night on Thursday, I also got it. I mean, I figured it was a done deal, but what was I supposed to do? I had to take care of the baby! So my final paper that was supposed to be completed last night I was able to extend to finish today, which was nice.

I'm still feel weak and off and somewhat dizzy when I try to walk too much. I hoping that is better tomorrow because we're planning to take the girls to a winter celebration at a nearby zoo.

And, oh, did I mention our furnace went out last Friday so we spent the entire week at my parents' house? I was thankful for a place to go, but you know how it is... There is a reason why kids don't live with their parents forever!

Sigh... Now that grad school is finished for a few weeks and work is finished for two, I'm ready to enjoy the Christmas season.

And, oh yeah, my little brother closed on his new house on Friday and moved in yesterday. I haven't seen it yet, but I can't wait to do so on Tuesday... And my other brother (a year younger than I) is moving to Orlando right at the beginning of the new year! Lots of changes going on in my family.

And, the girls got cutie Christmas pajama outfit pictures taken yesterday, which I will share when I get them. :)

1 comment:

annieglan said...

Poor E. I hope you feel well soon.
When you come down, let me know :)