Exasperated the other day, I said to R, "R, why do you have to follow me EVERYWHERE??!?" (As in to the bathroom, to get a shirt from the laundry room, to get the mail from the mailbox, to well, everywhere! It was driving me crazy. I'd spent the morning practically constantly tripping over her)
And do you know what that two-year-old of mine said?
"Beedu (her made up word for because) I love you."
My R and I, we've been struggling lately. She's stubborn (and two!) and so am I. She's trying to assert her independence, and I'm trying to keep her safe and healthy.
I don't know if her near-constant defiance is adoption-related, two-year-old related, both, or neither.
What I do know is that it is exhausting. And stressful. Overwhelming, never-ending, sometimes just scary.
"Beedu I love you."
Honey-baby, I love you, too. And I pray that I can be the mom you need.

6 comments:
Oh, sweet R!!! That is just precious! AND, You are a WONDERFUL mama, M! (I didn't realize you were only two though....I'm even more impressed!) ;) I'm having SO many similar issues with little Miss Aba.....it is so, so tough some days and recently it seems it has been rough MOST days. Weary is a word that seems to fit me like a glove right now. Balancing life with two instead of one has been harder than I thought it would be, but also, more wonderful. I love my girls so much just as you do yours!!!! (I love your girls too! Give them hugs and kisses from me!)
:)
Sarah
how sweet that she could verbalize the reason for her following was her love for you. you are exactly the mom she needs!
AWW that is so sweet. She really is too cute!
ohhh how I no those days. They come in spurts. I cook dinner and move to the fridge and have to step over 15 cars moved to my feet where he plays. The bathroom...oh my ... i have great sympathy for conjoined twins who live their life that way. It starts me on a .. not a good path for the both of us. I've learned I need to create an enviroment where there is little correction and much open child directed play and many opportunities for contact and touch between us (that doesn't drive me nuts). Unfortunatly the home doesn't do it for me- so it ends up being the pool or even better the beach where he'll spend hours in the water and digging in the sand - me sitting nearby watching and him coming over to check in every once and a while. It's like a giant RESET button. Good LUCK. And boy.. do I mean it!!
If it makes you feel any better my 3.5 yr old will not leave my side. He said to me this week "wherever you go, I am going " . I was thinking- Great!
All this talk on the boards lately about attachment, I'm starting to think my bio son is a little too attached! (:
I feel you. Eli is not just wanting to follow me everywhere - but wanting me to "hold me" as well. I just keep reminding myself that someday he'll be in his room with the door closed trying to keep me out :) In a few years, we'll look back on these days and long for them; but, right now - they can be frustrating at times :)
Post a Comment