So, E started off yesterday by declaring quite loudly, "Ugh, when am I going to get a NEW mom???" She spent the day rolling her eyes at me and sighing dramatically whenever I spoke to her or asked her to do something, etc. She repeatedly told me that she was going to move back to Ethiopia and live with Opia Mommy. She cried for Daddy. Did I mention the eye rolling and sighing?
In truth, this would be expected behavior/ reactions to mom if she were, say, 14. But, I mean, come on, the kid is 4. 4! By the time A got home, I'd had enough. Dinner was in the oven, and I told him I needed to get out of the house and away from the kids for a little bit. Thankfully, he was ok with this, so I spent an hour or so walking around Kohl's until the coast was clear, and those kids of mine were in bed.
Ok. I KNOW she's 4. But it still hurts, and it is frustrating beyond belief. She's supposed to be my Sweet Beet, my E-Poodle, etc. Not some teenager trapped in a 4-year-old's body. She used to be just the sweetest little thing, a precious baby who hugged and kissed me all the time... Now she's just Little Miss Sass.
My BFF, M, asked me why I thought she was acting this way when I was whining about it last night to her as we chatted on FB. In truth, I don't know. M reminded me that at four, she's at a developmental stage that is very egocentric and that she really doesn't have the capability to to worry about the feelings of others. (This has never been an issue with R. She's always been extremely perceptive to how others are feeling.)
I love E so much. And, I know she loves me in her own four-year-old way. I just wish the sassiness would cease!
Friday, July 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am not shy to say, 4 is the hardest age yet. My girls are driving me crazy!!!! People always talk about the terrible twos. I think they just haven't experienced 4 yet. It. Is. Awful! (Awful but obviously still love them. Hahha)
Post a Comment